Summer Staycation: Sips & Dips
Nothing says “summer” like diving fist first into a bag of tortilla chips and sipping chilled, light wine.
If you’re looking for a way to level up your chip game this summer, skip your grocery store’s middle aisles and hang out longer in the produce section. These fresh, easy summer dip recipes are a sure way to “win” your socially distant BYO barbeques — plus, they all go great with wine.
If you handle the dips, we’ll send you some wine! All of our whites, rosés and sparklings are 33% off when you buy 3 or more bottles until July 20. Enjoy!
Simple Pico de Gayo
Wine pairing: Making Waves Albariño
Once you make your own pico, you’ll never settle for store-bought salsa again. You can dress pico de gayo up or down with either more spice or fruit (mango! pineapple!), but fresh onions, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeño and lime make this crowd-pleasing dip easy to pile on in any of its forms.
If you can resist the temptation, give your pico a few hours to chill in the fridge to really let the flavors ~meld~ together. Serve chilled with an equally chilled Making Waves Albariño. With bright flavors of citrus and juicy tropical fruits, Making Waves is a perfect pairing for fresh and zesty pico.
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3-5 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (and seeded, if you need to…)
- Salt, pepper, cumin
- 2 limes, juiced
- Juice the lime.
- Chop everything else.
- Throw it all into a bowl.
- Don’t skimp on the salt and pepper.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and Making Waves
Top Secret Guac Recipe
Wine pairing: Puma Semi-Sparkling Rosé
This is my most prized guacamole recipe that I only pull out when I’m really trying to impress. The secret ingredient — which is not so secret anymore? Pomegranate seeds. You’re welcome in advance.
Real talk: Seeding pomegranates is annoying AF, which is why I reserve this guac for celebrations so big they deserve a bottle of bubbly as well. Well, at least a semi-bubbly. Pair this guac with Puma Semi-Sparkling Rosé and don’t be afraid to pile it on.
- 3 ripe ‘n creamy avocados
- ½ large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 glove of garlic
- ½ lemon and/or lime, juiced
- A handful of cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 jalapeño or 3 serrano peppers, finely chopped and (optionally) seeded
- Salt and pepper
- Cumin (optional)
- Secret ingredient: pomegranate seeds (if you don’t have pomegranate seeds, replace with tomatoes and make it the ole fashion way)
- Put all that shiz into a bowl and mash
- Save some pomegranates to sprinkle on top for ~fanciness~
- Serve with chips and Puma Semi-Sparkling Rosé
Bertha’s Beet Hummus
Wine pairing: Après Rosé
If you’re looking for another recipe to “wow” (but is actually really easy), beet hummus is a sure way to add an unexpected splash color to any platter. Pair this pretty dip with Après Rosé, an equally pretty wine, and get ready to sit back, relax and unwind.
- 2 red beets — cleaned, peeled and roasted at 425° for 30 minutes or until soft
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- Salt, pepper
- Roast your beets
- Throw everything into a food processor
- Pshhhh until creamy
- Serve with cut cucumbers, warm naan and Après Rosé
My Big (Low) Fat Greek Tzatziki
Wine pairing: Wild & Free Pinot Gris
This tzatziki is pretty much an essential part of my life. I pile it on *everything*. Warm pita, salty chips, veggies, curries or quinoa bowls...this Greek lives to get freaky with tzatziki.
- 500g 0% milk fat Greek Yogurt (Fage is my fave)
- ½ large white onion, finely chopped
- ½ large cucumber, finely chopped and/or sliced
- ½ large lemon, squeezed and seeded
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Fresh mint leaves or fresh dill (optional)
- Salt and a lottttaa pepper
- Slice cucumbers super finely and put them in a strainer and push lightly to get excess water out (optional)
- Throw everything into a bowl, mix
- Serve with warm pita, carrots and more cucumbers
- Save the rest for spicy curries or to top onto rice and/or quinoa bowls
- Get freaky!!!